0:00 – 6:09 — [Intro]
6:10 – 41:15 — [Emails: Trevor Rosenthal, Position Players Pitching, Downshifting MPH]
44:26 – 1:40:50 — [Game of the Week: Jenrry Mejia at Ricky Nolasco]
1:40:51 – 1:45:21 — [GOTW Selection: Felix Hernandez at Martin Perez]
1:45:22 – 2:22:53 — [Homework Turn-in: Cingrani for Paul; Richards for Doug]
2:23:15 – 2:31:56 — [Upcoming and Close]
x:xx:xx – x:xx:xx — [Homework Assignments: Will be posted to FB Group]
Check the New Facebook Page!
Paco of Liberty
Garrett Richards Strikezone Plot
Music by Thrice
Opener: Stare at the Sun
Closer: The Sky is Falling
I didn’t update this site when I posted eps 7 and 8 and I’m not sure why, but the latest episode is available!
- 0:00 – 3:09 — [Intro/All-Star Break Doldrums]
- 3:10 – 1:05:08 — [Emails]
- 1:05:09 – 1:09:10 — [Awesome Interlude; New Website Coming?!]
- 1:09:11 – 1:47:57 — [Game of the Week: Erlin at Strasburg]
- 1:47:58 – 2:04:45 — [Picking Next Week’s GotW: Liriano at Leake]
- 2:04:46 – 2:23:05 — [Homework]
- 2:23:06 – 2:28:15 – [Homework Assignments]
- 2:28:16 – 2:43:06 — [Recommendations and Close]
Music by Thrice
- Opener: Stare at the Sun
- Closer: The Sky is Falling
Download Here (65 MB; 2:43:06)
iTunes Feed (Please rate and review us!)
Email Us email@example.com
Finally got the approval notice from iTunes that TINSTAAPP is good to go! It should be searchable in no more than a couple of days. Here is the link.
Welcome to the second episode of TINSTAAPP: There Is No Such Thing As A Pitching Podcast! Hey we have a name! Everything is neatly cataloged so you can decide what segment best fits the time you have available. We should be in iTunes soon, too. Just awaiting their approval.
In the meantime you can add the RSS feed into your podcatcher: http://tinstaapp.libsyn.com/rss
- 0:00 – 19:23 Intro (19’ intros is how you have a four-hour podcast, folks!)
- 19:24 – 36:50 Hyun-Jin Ryu
- 36:51 – 45:45 Kris Medlen
- 45:46 – 57:13 Derek Holland
- 57:14 – 1:06:09 Fernando Rodney
- 1:06:10 – 1:13:11 David Price
- 1:13:12 – 1:21:27 Roy Halladay
- 1:21:28 – 1:38:16 Marco Estrada
- 1:38:17 – 1:48:37 Tony Cingrani
- 1:48:38 – 2:00:44 Ricky Romero
- 2:00:45 – 3:23:32 Our Game of the Week: Homer Bailey at Lance Lynn
- 3:23:33 – 3:47:15 Picking Next Week’s GotW
- 3:47:16 – 3:50:24 Close
From the gentlemen who brought you the 2013 Starting Pitching Guide comes a brand new podcast dedicated to… wait for it … pitching!!! We started discussing the notion of this podcast all the way back in the winter when we first linked up to discuss the guide. Then after the success of the SP Guide and just how well we got along, it was a no-brainer to follow through with that original idea and thus a pilot episode is born. For those of you who like long-form podcasts, you’re going to be drooling over this one.
That said I think I’ve come up with a way for it to appeal to even those who don’t like long-form. If you want to stretch the podcast out throughout your work week, I have labeled all of our segments by timestamp so you can pick & choose what you want to listen to as it fits your available time. We don’t yet have a name for the show, but I think we’ve decided one and once it’s set in stone, we’ll be in iTunes. We will also be setting up the obligatory email, Facebook page, and Twitter accounts, too. Until then, we would love your emails at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions you would like answered on the show.
This is entirely a starting pitcher episode, but it’s a pitching podcast at large so if you have questions about relievers, that works. We do inject a little fantasy baseball talk into the show, but we’re not fielding any “should I trade for pitcher x or cut pitcher z?” questions. My other show, The Towers of Power Fantasy Hours, is fantasy-related and that would be the avenue for those types of questions. We also encourage you to watch our Game of the Week discussed starting at the 2:55:05 mark so you can follow along as we discuss it on next week’s episode.
Without further ado, our pilot episode:
Download the file here. (right click, save as)
- 0:00 – 19:30 Intro
- 19:31 – 31:57 Jarrod Parker
- 31:58 – 38:11 Brett Anderson
- 38:12 – 47:18 Jeremy Hellickson
- 47:19 – 54:42 Matt Harvey
- 54:43 – 1:08:07 Yu Darvish
- 1:08:08 – 1:16:32 Clay Buchholz
- 1:16:33 – 1:26:15 Jon Lester
- 1:26:16 – 1:37:44 Alex Cobb
- 1:37:45 – 1:49:03 Declining Velo in April (Verlander, Sabathia, Price)
- 1:49:02 – 1:59:11 Strasburg & the Nats
- 1:59:12 – 2:17:20 Samardzija v. Latos
- 2:17:21 – 2:55:04 Our Game of the Week: Lincecum v. Cashner
- 2:55:05 – 3:07:36 Picking Next Week’s GotW
- 3:07:37 – 3:14:42 Close
Are you sitting at your desk thinking, “I wanna hear MORE of Paul’s voice, after all he only does a 2+ hour podcast each week!”?
You’re not alone and I have just the remedy for you.
- First off, here is the latest episode of the aforementioned podcast I co-host with Jason Collette.
Listen to them all back-to-back-to-back-to-back for best results!!!!
It’s been a bit quiet around here since the release of the SP Guide, but not because I’ve just been sitting on my butt doing nothing (my full DVR can attest). Check me out at these various outlets:
Daily Fantasy Sports Network:
Betting Dork Podcast:
Fantasy 15 Fox Sports Podcast:
Fantasy Fix Podcast:
Last week I appeared on the Minor League Report with Jay Burnham, Eric Little, Sam Siegel, and Mike Passanisi to talk some minor leaguers in fantasy baseball. Their crew is heavily involved in minor league baseball so they know what they’re talking about and if you’re someone who cares about the minors, you should be listening to their show. Click the picture below to access the iTunes feed of The MLR.
I’ll have an update regarding the release date of the SP Guide very soon. I’ve been spending just about every waking moment on the guide now for several weeks. We’re in the homestretch and it’s going to take some more sleepless nights if I’m going to hit the 3/1 target release date. By the way, the time spent on the guide these last couple of weeks is why content here has been scant, but once you see the guide I hope you understand why I had to make the tradeoff. And more importantly, I hope you end up thinking it was worth it.
I was going to do a post letting everyone know that At Bat’s 2013 iteration was available, but my BP colleague Maury Brown already did all the fantastic leg work so I’ll point you to his preview of the app instead:
Biz of Baseball Previews At Bat
Meanwhile, after a pair of fake fake games yesterday as the Red Sox split up to take on a pair of colleges, we get real fake games today with four Spring Training games on the docket. This is a beautiful site:
Elsewhere on the net:
I wrote about five interesting pitchers to follow this Spring Training as they battle to be a part of the Opening Day 25.
I had Mike Gianella as a co-host, filling in for Jason Collette, and Bret Sayre as a guest on this week’s Towers of Power podcast. Gianella and Sayre are both new additions to the BP fantasy team for 2013.
Plenty of non-PaulSporer.com goings on lately including:
- Tonight is the LABR mixed league draft. It’s my first “industry expert league”. I have done mocks for magazines before, but never a full league. Jason and I will be co-owning, but I’ll have the reins tonight at the draft with J out for family duty. If there was ever a reason to miss, it’s family stuff! If you’ve listened to the podcast at all, though, we have the same brain so it doesn’t really matter if one of us couldn’t make it. We got saddled with the 14th pick which might not be so bad when you really think about it. There’s the top three, another handful going in that four to seven range, and then a giant cluster of like-valued guys so picking near the end of that clump and then again quickly in the second round won’t be so bad. If you want to follow the draft live this evening, you can do so here. I’m fairly certain Jennifer Lawrence will be following along in the chatroom cheering me on. I mean, it’s whatever.
- In addition to our regular podcast, the Towers of Power Fantasy Hour, I’ve appeared on another BP podcast twice in the last couple of weeks. Effectively Wild is doing their team-by-team previews and I did the Tigers one (obv) plus I contributed to the Cleveland Indians one. I’ll be on for the Nationals and Phillies in the future as well. BTW, I’d bump my Indians win projection by about 3-4 games with the Michael Bourn signing. I could reasonably go high since it’s the adding of him and subtraction of Drew Stubbs, but I’ll stick w/3-4. Speaking of these two podcasts, this probably shouldn’t surprise you because I’m a titan:
Meanwhile, here are some random things interesting me at the moment:
-Between Two Ferns Oscar Buzz Part 1, and Part 2: SO GOOD!!!! Jennifer Lawrence, Jessica Chastain, Bradley Cooper, Christoph Waltz, Amy Adams, and of course Zack himself. Just so much greatness here.
-Harlem Shake everything!
-House of Cards
-Texas being awesome & Beyonce making a semi-duck face look cute as hell
-Jennifer Lawrence is the best. No one is more real during her interviews
-Pitchers & Catchers reporting all over the MLB: