A quick look at my work available over at Baseball Prospectus this week.
- I was in the Lineup Card again this week, this time outlining how the Seattle Mariners could be contenders for the 2015 World Series. Pitching will lead the way if they are going to make a run. Taijuan Walker, Danny Hultzen, James Paxton and of course Felix Hernandez should they keep him around. Think 2010 San Francisco Giants for their blueprint. Jesus Montero and Dustin Ackley will be their offense anchors with Nick Franklin and 2012 1st rounder Mike Zunino on the way.
- Next up was the Starting Pitcher Value Picks column that looks at some of the more widely available starters who should be getting more love. I discussed A.J. Burnett yet again because I just don’t understand why he is still being overlooked and I also took a look at the recently called up Kris Medlen who was being stretched out in the minors for the Braves.
- The Weekly Planner will go live soon and it looks at the two-start pitchers worth trotting out in your leagues. There aren’t a ton of great choices this week who will likely be available on waiver wires, so those with the aces with a pair of starts will have an even bigger leg up over those who merely stream guys.
- I did my first BP Unfiltered post this week comparing the 14 K perfect games of Sandy Koufax and Matt Cain.
- And finally, episode 8 is out for The Towers of Power Fantasy Hour, a BP Fantasy Podcast. We discussed tons of players ranging from Matt Cain, Troy Tulowitzki and Dustin Pedroia to Tony Campana, Gregor Blanco and Nate Eovaldi. We also anoint Felix Doubront with a fantastic new nickname. The Tigers won yesterday afternoon before the pdocast, so no rant on my beloved team. By the way, I mentioned on the pod that I would be coming out with a Bryce Harper/Mike Trout-centric piece today, but I had to push it to Monday. It is coming, though.